Everyday after I waking up from my bed and check Facebook for anything new, it’s sure I’ll find more than one Game play request in notification. And it’s one of the most irritating things to me on Facebook. Facebook games are too much popular in some people and the players pass lots of their time playing games on Facebook. As the most of the games are multiplayer, it’s very usual for a player ending up sending play invitation to his friends. Now what, if you don’t want to play that game, or someone just constantly sending you invitations to play that game and you don’t want him sending such invitations anymore? Or many of your friends are sending ‘same game’ invitations and you no more want that Game or App reach to you?
There are various ways you can disable game invitations on Facebook. It’s because Facebook has made things complicated. But here, we have three methods with step by step guides to do those.
Method 1 (Quickly Disabling Notification for Specific App or Game from Notification)
- Whenever someone send you a game invitation, it appears on your Facebook Notification. To stop getting further notification from that App, click on ‘x‘ icon right after that as below:
- Then you will be asked to confirm turning it of. So click ‘Turn Off‘ as below:
Done. You will no more see any notification from this Game or App.
Method 2 (Using Facebook’s Invitation Blocking Feature for Apps/Games and Friends)
Thankfully Facebook has a feature of blocking specific apps or friends from sending you invitations. This blocking feature is for invitation blocking only, not for blocking friends completely.
1. Blocking all Game Invitations from Specific Friends
So one or some of your friends are sending you the most game requests than others? Head to ‘Settings’ then ‘Blocking.’ Add them to “Block app invites” section.
Enter the name of those annoying friends here, add them and they will never be able to send any further invites to you while still keeping them as friend.
2. Blocking Apps Permanently
Once an app is added to this block list, it will no longer able to get any information about your profile, can’t post to your wall and will never show up to you. To add an App in blocking list, use the ‘Block apps‘ section in the same blocking page.
Method 3 (Reviewing Games Invites and Activity)
- Click on ‘Games‘ from left side of facebook.com home page or directly go to facebook.com/games.
- On the Games page, click ‘Activity‘. You will see all requests under ‘Requests‘ and ‘Invites‘ tabs from left. You can switch between them by clicking. Click ‘x’ icon to hide an invite.
- Then optionally, you will be asked to choose either of Game or Friend to block invites permanently.
Then you are done. No longer that game will annoy you.